During 2010 our building underwent a much-needed modernisation of its facilities, including:
- Better accessibility, reducing the number of levels between rooms etc
- A new, more welcoming exterior and entrance
- Soundproofing in the hall
- An new organ console
- Modifications to extend the platform at the front of the church and detach the communion rail, leaving a stage area
- A new kitchen
- A new vestry
- A new boiler
- New toilets, including a disabled toilet
- Preservation of important historic features
We took photos of the rebuilding work during 2010 and recorded them in our blog. View the index of these news items.
The building was reopened during the weekend of 14th-16th January 2011.